ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 03-16-2011, 07:13 PM

Yeah...I just installed the UR catback w/resonator midpipe and mini muffler option...the thing sounds awsome...it's like g35 but meaner...lol...I love it...best money I spend on my car!

Phase 1
[X] Cosworth Drop-In
[X] UR Full Catback Exhaust
[X] UR Upper ICP
[X] UR Lower ICP
[X] Evo X FMIC
[X] Evo X BOV

Phase 2 - Breaks
Old 03-16-2011, 07:48 PM

Excellent spread the word LOL!!
Old 03-17-2011, 04:37 AM

Very nice indeed!!!
Old 03-17-2011, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliart23 View Post
Sound

I got the exhaust with only the resonator option, and I can swear by this when i say it, it is one mean sounding mother. The exhaust is a very low pitch sound at low rpms, and breaks out into a higher pitch once over about 3000 rpms, something i found the borla didn't do, as the borla maintains its deep pitch longer. No youtube video on the planet does this exhaust justice, and i wouldn't advise you to base our decision on buying any exhaust on videos. I got lucky because i really like the sound, but it sounds very different in my mind in real life then in youtube videos. For one, it is a lot louder then they made it seem, but at the same time, it isn't obnoxiously loud. It turns heads thats all i have to say. At specific RPMS there are considerable amounts of drone in the cabin, and sometimes an evident vibration noticeable in your seat, and buzz in your center console. This only seems to happen upon acceleration though, as there is no drone/vibrations when driving at constant speeds highway, or city. Everytime i turn my car on, i am taken by surprise by a wonderful exhaust note; im still not used to it being there. Im not sure yet, but i might consider adding the mini muffler to the exhaust in the future to try and get rid of the remaining drone, and vibrations. Darryl told me that the mini muffler only lowers the volume and does not compromise the exhaust tone, which is very good to know. Id advise anyone who is buying this exhaust to buy it with both the resonator, and mini muffler options.
Nice. I have a question though. What experience do you have with the Borla system for the Ralliart? I have had Borla exhausts on every vehicle I've owned, including my '97 F-150 and my '02 Eclipse GT and I absolutely love the sound. I'm currently debating between the UR and Borla catbacks.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:46 AM

my father owns borlas on most of his cars, he has one on his supersnake, he has one on his vette, and on his challenger so im pretty familiar with the sound and the brand. Ive only ever heard one on a ralliart once. It does sound good dont get me wrong but i do prefer the UR. you may think im bias answering that question because i own the UR, but i actually made sure i heard the borla before i bought the UR to see which i prefer.

The borla is 2.75 diameter piping as apposed to full 3 inch on the UR, but the borla still has a really deep tone. The thing that i prefer about the UR is that when your revs get higher, the tone breaks out into a more "racey" tone, whereas i found the borla just stays really deep in tone.

Plus, i managed to get the catt back UR with titanium tips, a high flow cat, and down pipe al from UR for 1300, whereas im pretty sure the borla is around a grand for the cattback alone (correct me if im wrong)

if you have any other questions ill gladly ask them, i know how hard the exhaust choosing stage is

Smoked Lights, Vortex Generator, Red Mitsu Logos, XXR 522 18x9.5 et38, Falken fk452 235/40/18, Rally Armor Mudflaps, UR Cat Back, UR High Flow Cat, UR Downpipe, Ur UICP, AMS Intercooler, Defi Racer Boost Gauge, Defi Racer Oil Temperature Gauge, Eibach Sportlines, Rexpeed CF Hood Dampers, Rexpeed A-Pillar Gauge Pod, Rexpeed CF Duckbill Lip Spoiler
Old 03-17-2011, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
my father owns borlas on most of his cars, he has one on his supersnake, he has one on his vette, and on his challenger so im pretty familiar with the sound and the brand. Ive only ever heard one on a ralliart once. It does sound good dont get me wrong but i do prefer the UR. you may think im bias answering that question because i own the UR, but i actually made sure i heard the borla before i bought the UR to see which i prefer.

The borla is 2.75 diameter piping as apposed to full 3 inch on the UR, but the borla still has a really deep tone. The thing that i prefer about the UR is that when your revs get higher, the tone breaks out into a more "racey" tone, whereas i found the borla just stays really deep in tone.

Plus, i managed to get the catt back UR with titanium tips, a high flow cat, and down pipe al from UR for 1300, whereas im pretty sure the borla is around a grand for the cattback alone (correct me if im wrong)

if you have any other questions ill gladly ask them, i know how hard the exhaust choosing stage is
Yea, especially when you're going to be spending a pretty penny it's hard to decide. Now, from what I understand (do correct me if I'm wrong), but on a turbocharged vehicle it's better overall to have 3 inch piping rather than 2.5 or 2.75 inch piping.

As far as the "racey" tone, it's not "ricey" right? Has an aggressive sound to it? I love the low tone of the Borla's, that's why I'm partial to getting one for the Ralliart. But... if I'm going to spend money on an exhaust, I want to make sure it's damn near perfect in all aspects.

With the UR system you got, everything was bolt-on and drive, including the high-flow cat and downpipe? Any tune needed to accomodate the different cat? I also need to make sure my car will pass emissions with the system as well... damn Northern VA emissions laws.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:57 AM

By no means necessary is the UR anywhere close to ricey, i promise haha. its very aggressive. When it was installed and the car was turned on for the first time, i had no idea a sound like that could come from a 4 cylinder car, sounds like an 8 almost.

I bolted the thing on and drove absolutely tune free for about 2 or 3 months and it was fine even with the high flow cat. you dont need to tune, it isnt detrimental to your engine, its just wasted potential if you dont. Im now running the stage 2 93 octane tune on the accessport which accounts for the turbo back and the car flies.

And i would say 3 inch is best yea, most free flowing.

Smoked Lights, Vortex Generator, Red Mitsu Logos, XXR 522 18x9.5 et38, Falken fk452 235/40/18, Rally Armor Mudflaps, UR Cat Back, UR High Flow Cat, UR Downpipe, Ur UICP, AMS Intercooler, Defi Racer Boost Gauge, Defi Racer Oil Temperature Gauge, Eibach Sportlines, Rexpeed CF Hood Dampers, Rexpeed A-Pillar Gauge Pod, Rexpeed CF Duckbill Lip Spoiler
Old 03-17-2011, 09:07 AM

yeah i would also agree 3" is good, most downpipes are 3" so if your thinking of changing that out you dont want a 3" dp and then a 2.75" hfc and catback lol staying the same size would be the best

Tuned by Boomba Racing
Mustang Dyno - 260 awhp/290 awtq

~Ultimate Racing Intake
~Ultimate Racing Turboback exhaust
~Ultimate Racing LICP & UICP
~Evo X FMIC
~AMS BOV
~Grimmspeed ECBS
~STANCE GR+ Coilovers
~Depo Racing Boost Gauge
~Rally Armor Mudflaps
Old 03-17-2011, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
By no means necessary is the UR anywhere close to ricey, i promise haha. its very aggressive. When it was installed and the car was turned on for the first time, i had no idea a sound like that could come from a 4 cylinder car, sounds like an 8 almost.

I bolted the thing on and drove absolutely tune free for about 2 or 3 months and it was fine even with the high flow cat. you dont need to tune, it isnt detrimental to your engine, its just wasted potential if you dont. Im now running the stage 2 93 octane tune on the accessport which accounts for the turbo back and the car flies.

And i would say 3 inch is best yea, most free flowing.
Awesome, now you have me looking at the UR exhaust

Which high flow cat did you get, the ceramic or metal core (250 or 300 dollar)?
Old 03-17-2011, 05:30 PM

+1 for the UR Exhaust