ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 06-20-2012, 10:19 AM

Default Update: Tranny Issue

So I called into Mitsubishi and started a case with the reps because of my transmissions problems. Fellow user CoryJNason has the same exact issues I am having word for word. I brought my car to the dealer twice only to have them tell me nothing was wrong. I took my car to a different dealer and they felt the issues right away. They agreed to get me a brand new tranny and now its on its way. More details to come. I will find out exactly what was wrong with the original tranny and relay the message.

(Original thread)

http://www.clubralliart.com/showthread.php?t=2939
Old 06-20-2012, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Interesting... glad you're getting it covered though.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:12 PM

Im glad they finally helped you out! I got mine back on monday and I have not had a problem since! Hope yours works out too!!
Old 06-20-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryJNason View Post
Im glad they finally helped you out! I got mine back on monday and I have not had a problem since! Hope yours works out too!!
That's great news and thanks!
Old 06-20-2012, 10:25 PM

im sorry if i missed the old thread, but what exactly issues were you having? Edit: nvm found the old thread. and glad its all getting fixed! always happy to hear someones warranty working for a 12k tranny (or at least was 12k)
X IC Swap
UR UICP
UR LICP
X BPV
AMS HFC
UR Exhaust w Custom midpipe

Last edited by OverCorrupt; 06-20-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:29 AM

Default Dealer (TC-SST) ignorance

Its fantastic to see that some of us are getting somewhere with these dealerships and any Twin Clutch issues (be it for regular maintenace or warranty visits). I just reached 30k and was calling around to a few S. Florida Mitsu Dealerships for the 30k svc. Both dealerships, after being told i drive a 2010 RA, quoted me $400 for the svc. When i asked them to itemize because it didnt sound right, they said 'yeah, you have a CVT trans and that doesnt take fluid' I explained again and they came back with another quote...$740 and $800!!! I again asked to itemize and low-and-behold, they say they only follow the severe maintenance schedule and i must change the fluid. I said that is fine but 'you didnt mention the transmission filter' they BOTH said, that doesnt come with the service. I was fuming! So, your going to tell me you only follow this schedule but you dont include the filter that the schedule specifies needs replacing??? I gave up. I then called Machines Gone Wild in Miami, Fl and i must tell you, These guys were GREAT!!! Knew what i needed and advised they would do the Tranny fluid/filter plus entire driveline fluid change for $450!!! If you live in S. Florida, call Don @ 305-256-1779.

Never going to Mitsubishi dealership again for service (at least not in Kendall, Fl) even though i'm sure there are great Mitsu techs out there that do work for the company.

Last edited by wemay; 06-22-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wemay View Post
Its fantastic to see that some of us are getting somewhere with these dealerships and any Twin Clutch issues (be it for regular maintenace or warranty visits). I just reached 30k and was calling around to a few S. Florida Mitsu Dealerships for the 30k svc. Both dealerships, after being told i drive a 2010 RA, quoted me $400 for the svc. When i asked them to itemize because it didnt sound right, they said 'yeah, you have a CVT trans and that doesnt take fluid' I explained again and they came back with another quote...$740 and $800!!! I again asked to itemize and low-and-behold, they say they only follow the severe maintenance schedule and i must change the fluid. I said that is fine but 'you didnt mention the transmission filter' they BOTH said, that doesnt come with the service. I was fuming! So, your going to tell me you only follow this schedule but you dont include the filter that the schedule specifies needs replacing??? I gave up. I then called Machines Gone Wild in Miami, Fl and i must tell you, These guys were GREAT!!! Knew what i needed and advised they would do the Tranny fluid/filter plus entire driveline fluid change for $450!!! If you live in S. Florida, call Don @ 305-256-1779.

Never going to Mitsubishi dealership again for service (at least not in Kendall, Fl) even though i'm sure there are great Mitsu techs out there that do work for the company.

Stories like this dont help me sleep at night
Old 06-23-2012, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wemay View Post
I gave up. I then called Machines Gone Wild in Miami, Fl and i must tell you, These guys were GREAT!!! Knew what i needed and advised they would do the Tranny fluid/filter plus entire driveline fluid change for $450!!! If you live in S. Florida, call Don @ 305-256-1779.

Mitsu dealers down here are terrible, I refuse to use them at all. I know a couple of people who've gotten tuned at Machines Gone Wild, they do good work.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:01 PM

Update: Getting transmission fluid, rear diff fluid, and tc-sst filter change this Sat. At MGW as mentioned. The new news here (I believe this is new LOL) is that I was able to purchase SST filter (oem style not reusable) from SSR Shipped to S. Fl. for $70. First 50 orders received a discount ($10 more if i ordered tomorrow). I thought about their reusable filter for $200 shipped but i want to keep it stock as possible until 60k miles when powertrain warranty expires and the next trans fluid change will be done, if not at 45k. Dealer cost?? $156 special order. One side note: I have been informed that the techs at the dealer in Kendall are exceptional. It's the advisors that are lost.

Last edited by wemay; 06-26-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:09 PM

So I picked her up from the dealer today and all is well!!! They are sending my old tranny to corporate for further research on the issue.