AE86 4 18.18%
RX7 (FD) - 3rd gen 5 22.73%
CRX SiR - 2nd gen 2 9.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackBeast View Post
Come on people! We need a tie breaker!
If I had 6k and I wanted a reliable DD, I would try to find a mostly stock 2G GSX or TSi AWD. Here is my expanded opinion since you are really looking for more than just a poll. WARNING! My 0.02 cents ahead!

Datsun 510: Nice retro cars. I am pretty fond of these. But if you think you are going to find a reliable DD for 6K that doesn't look like atomic ass-crack, you should go akead and chalk this one up to wishful thinking

BMW 2002: Again, high on the retro cool factor. I like this option a little less than the 510. As far as getting one again that has enough parts replaced or re-manufactured to be a reliable DD for 6k, I think you are wishing again.

1G DSM: Does not have the retro cool factor of the above two and it's not quite new enough to be a cool kinda modern car. These cars are alot of fun, but leave a lot to be desired in the looks department. But this is easily ALOT more plausible a reliable DD for 6k than the Datsun or BMW

Galant VR4: No. Just no. That is coming from a die hard brand loyal mitsu fan. I would swap a mirage before I bought a GVR4.

AE86: Meh. Don't like them at all. They are in that bastard age range like the 1g DSM cars. Not old enough to be cool and not pretty enough to turn heads that much.

RX7: Reliable RX7.........BWAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

CRX: Not a bad choice either. I have owned 2. They are fun cars, but HARD to find in good shape.

2G DSM: Best compromise for 6k in my book for a "fun" car that still has a cool factor.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubjecttoChange View Post
What about a 240z if you want to get out of smog? (In proposal of the none category)

I like the Rx7 too but I haven't found a good example that's not beat to crap or WAY too much money... at least not in SoCal
I thought about the z but something about the front nose on them never sat right with me. My neighbor has one thats starting to rust...
As for the RX7, I found one listed for 70k. I was like - what!?!? Didn't find any less than 8k...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
If I had 6k and I wanted a reliable DD, I would try to find a mostly stock 2G GSX or TSi AWD. Here is my expanded opinion since you are really looking for more than just a poll. WARNING! My 0.02 cents ahead!

Datsun 510: Nice retro cars. I am pretty fond of these. But if you think you are going to find a reliable DD for 6K that doesn't look like atomic ass-crack, you should go akead and chalk this one up to wishful thinking

BMW 2002: Again, high on the retro cool factor. I like this option a little less than the 510. As far as getting one again that has enough parts replaced or re-manufactured to be a reliable DD for 6k, I think you are wishing again.

1G DSM: Does not have the retro cool factor of the above two and it's not quite new enough to be a cool kinda modern car. These cars are alot of fun, but leave a lot to be desired in the looks department. But this is easily ALOT more plausible a reliable DD for 6k than the Datsun or BMW

Galant VR4: No. Just no. That is coming from a die hard brand loyal mitsu fan. I would swap a mirage before I bought a GVR4.

AE86: Meh. Don't like them at all. They are in that bastard age range like the 1g DSM cars. Not old enough to be cool and not pretty enough to turn heads that much.

RX7: Reliable RX7.........BWAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

CRX: Not a bad choice either. I have owned 2. They are fun cars, but HARD to find in good shape.

2G DSM: Best compromise for 6k in my book for a "fun" car that still has a cool factor.
I thought about the 2G also, but I've never been able to get over the crank walk issue they develop.
The rest of your opinions match up pretty closely to mine and what I've found. the 510s are either beat to crap, have an odd engine swap done are priced too high for what they are worth or have HORRIBLE color schemes.

Except one. I am not telling yet either cus I'm gonna try and get it. 6k, rebuilt original motor that runs strong and a not too bad color thing going. We will see if I get my tax return fast enough.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Except one. I am not telling yet either cus I'm gonna try and get it. 6k, rebuilt original motor that runs strong and a not too bad color thing going. We will see if I get my tax return fast enough.
Keep us posted. Sounds promising!

z's are hit or miss. I don't really like them stock truth be told- but the MSA front end looks pretty decent. I've love to restore one and cram a V8 in there!
Evo X BOV
RRE Modified Magnaflow Catback
Old 04-18-2012, 02:36 PM

So what's wrong with the FC? FD's are going to be next to imposable to find. FC's are cool as hell, imho.

2010 WW Sedan
Custom RRE ABE
Cosworth Drop-in Filter
EvoX FMIC and UICP
ExoX BOV
Old 04-18-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Keep us posted. Sounds promising!

z's are hit or miss. I don't really like them stock truth be told- but the MSA front end looks pretty decent. I've love to restore one and cram a V8 in there!
I just confirmed I get to see it Saturday. Chances are, I'll buy it on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAbOS View Post
So what's wrong with the FC? FD's are going to be next to imposable to find. FC's are cool as hell, imho.
I've always been in love with the FD. Prior to that, it looked so... 80's...
Old 04-19-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
I've always been in love with the FD. Prior to that, it looked so... 80's...
+1! Ha 80's
Evo X BOV
Old 04-19-2012, 09:09 AM

Hey, some great cars from the 80's!

To name a couple..
Conquest
Corrado

2010 WW Sedan
Custom RRE ABE
Cosworth Drop-in Filter
EvoX FMIC and UICP
ExoX BOV
Old 04-19-2012, 09:42 AM

I'm not hating on the 80's it's just sorta funny to take a stab at the older rx7's for looking 80's... thats all.

I have always like the FD though
Evo X BOV
Old 04-19-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
+1! Ha 80's
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAbOS View Post
Hey, some great cars from the 80's!

To name a couple..
Conquest
Corrado
Quote:
I'm not hating on the 80's it's just sorta funny to take a stab at the older rx7's for looking 80's... thats all.

I have always like the FD though
Not hatin', just sayin'...
Old 04-19-2012, 09:11 PM

Well, I have a GVR4 and 2G Spyder for sale, so that would count as my vote!

Actually, I really love both of them, but put them up for sale when I bought my Ralliart. Owned a GVR4 previously too, and loved that one as well. I think I'll probably regret selling it once I do, but right now I'm pretty much in love with my Ralliart.