ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 08-24-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab23 View Post
i always wondered what i was supposed to do for an intake once i did the evo x turbo swap. can my stock air box work with the evo x turbo or do i need to buy an aftermarket evo x air intake for it to work. I don't really want to go to a sri because i live in canada and a small battery wouldn't be good for the cold winters, so i was thinking about buying the ralliart aem intake that just came out, but i don't want to buy it and then not be able to use it with the evo x turbo. is there a special elbow or pipe that i could buy to make the stock box work for the time being?

thanks!
SRI is the only way to do it without having to fab up special elbows on the inlet elbow. As far as I know anyway, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You can't use the stock airbox on the X turbo unless you take the X turbo inlet elbow to a shop and have them fab up an extra curve in it.
Like this: http://forums.evolutionm.net/9208952-post2.html

To keep your battery where its at without having to do that you'll need the X turbo inlet hose and you'll need to cut the bottom half off about 3-4 inches and with the K&N filter it's about 1/2 inch off the neck of the cone filter so it sits far enough behind the battery and it'll butt right up against the battery.

2012 Evo X GSR-
Custom CBE / Custom Test Pipe / AEM Intake / Depo Racing UICP / GM 3-Port / ASNU 1100cc injectors / DW 300lph+ fuel pump / EvoD Surge Tank w/ Bosch 044 fuel pump / Fermented Corn Dextrose / Hotchkis rear sway bar and end links / Self Tuned

Last edited by KyleKitchen; 08-24-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:57 PM

maybe ill just do a battery relocation instead so the battery is in the trunk like the x's. this way i don't need to run a small battery setup. is there any disadvantage electrically of have a longer positive cable from the battery (so i can run it to the trunk)?
Old 08-24-2011, 07:59 PM

Relocate the battery to the trunk and get a X SRI, that will be the best route. Also make sure u have an X UICP.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:20 PM

Yeah I agree.
I'm starting to sway more towards moving the battery to the trunk later too.

2012 Evo X GSR-
Custom CBE / Custom Test Pipe / AEM Intake / Depo Racing UICP / GM 3-Port / ASNU 1100cc injectors / DW 300lph+ fuel pump / EvoD Surge Tank w/ Bosch 044 fuel pump / Fermented Corn Dextrose / Hotchkis rear sway bar and end links / Self Tuned
Old 08-24-2011, 09:35 PM

Quote:
maybe ill just do a battery relocation instead so the battery is in the trunk like the x's. this way i don't need to run a small battery setup. is there any disadvantage electrically of have a longer positive cable from the battery (so i can run it to the trunk)?
Theres no disadvantage to moving it to the trunk besides loss of a 12x12x10 area of space in the trunk, just make sure you get the right battery or box.. Its a common practice in drag racing. Plus if you didn't know the evo x comes out of the factory with it in the trunk, it sits on the pass side..

PS kyle, I don't get no shout outs for helping lol..

-Andy
Old 08-24-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *LauraRA* View Post
Theres no disadvantage to moving it to the trunk besides loss of a 12x12x10 area of space in the trunk, just make sure you get the right battery or box.. Its a common practice in drag racing. Plus if you didn't know the evo x comes out of the factory with it in the trunk, it sits on the pass side..

-Andy
It also helps with weight distribution. Also the reason why it's come in drag racing is because most of them are RWD and the extra weight in the trunk helps with gaining traction.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *LauraRA* View Post

-Andy

hahaha Yes Andy. If it wasn't for you I'd still be sitting on my ass waiting for parts or still stuck in the garage trying to get that fucking bolt loose.

The manifold and coolant lines came in today and the gaskets should be here tomorrow!

2012 Evo X GSR-
Old 08-25-2011, 05:47 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

How would you successfully relocate the battery to the trunk? I would consider doing it just so that I could free up space and weight under the hood and possibly use the OEM EvoX intake, might provide better airflow than the stock RA intake.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoZero View Post
How would you successfully relocate the battery to the trunk? I would consider doing it just so that I could free up space and weight under the hood and possibly use the OEM EvoX intake, might provide better airflow than the stock RA intake.
you can buy a battery relocation kit from summit racing, it comes with the box and all the wiring etc. I just don't know where I'm going to have the positive wire running to the back
Old 08-25-2011, 06:04 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Quote:
you can buy a battery relocation kit from summit racing, it comes with the box and all the wiring etc. I just don't know where I'm going to have the positive wire running to the back
Good point. Maybe find out how the positive cable is run in the X? I do plan on further upgrading my audio in the future and would like to prevent any issues, especially electrical interference.