ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 11-20-2013, 04:33 AM

I'm assuming it has stretched quite a bit considering the engine mileage. I was concerned over the noise that the engine was making (paranoid from the various threads about timing chains) but then I compared the sound to another somewhat older Ralliart and it all sounded the same. A lot of people on EvoM as well as the Mitsu tech said the 4B11T in general is a noisy engine.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser1991 View Post
I'm assuming it has stretched quite a bit considering the engine mileage. I was concerned over the noise that the engine was making (paranoid from the various threads about timing chains) but then I compared the sound to another somewhat older Ralliart and it all sounded the same. A lot of people on EvoM as well as the Mitsu tech said the 4B11T in general is a noisy engine.
Ah I see, alot of that noise also comes from SST.

Will be getting GSC S1 cams along with new timing chain and oil pump chain when changing cams. But thats in the future so far I dont see no issues with the timing chain.
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 11-22-2013, 03:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mkid Send a message via MSN to Mkid Send a message via Yahoo to Mkid

Year: 2009
Model: Sedan
Miles: 42,621
Any Issues?:

Things wrong when I bought it (used with 17k miles): bolt was missing in the drivers side window assembly that caused it to pop loudly when rolled up or down. Fixed under warranty.

The passenger side air vent is not lined up properly so it always blows towards the window no matter how you adjust it. didn't notice this until warranty was up. probably need to pop out that dash piece to fix it. This may have been done accidentally by the dealer when the nav system was installed.

Later issues: Clutch seals started leaking causing the trans to slip. This started happening a little before 40k miles. Replaced by Jack's Transmissions.

Speed sensors are sending bad signals causing the ABS and TCS to turn off regularly. This also started to happen a little before 40K miles. I want to try cleaning the grime off of them as they get pretty gunked up and see if that corrects the issue. If not, they are bad and need to be replaced. This may have been caused by me when I drove through a flooded area.

At around 42k miles the shift linkage cable got out of alignment somehow which caused a variety of scary trans related issues like skipping gears and not wanting to get into gear. disconnected the cable, re-aligned it and locked it back in place fixed this issue.

D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X FMIC
Ultimate Racing turbo-back
400HP clutches from Jack's
AEM Intake

My Car Thread

From Florida? Click here!

Last edited by Mkid; 11-22-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkid View Post
Year: 2009
Miles: 42,621
Any Issues?:

Things wrong when I bought it (used with 17k miles): bolt was missing in the drivers side window assembly that caused it to pop loudly when rolled up or down. Fixed under warranty.

The passenger side air vent is not lined up properly so it always blows towards the window no matter how you adjust it. didn't notice this until warranty was up. probably need to pop out that dash piece to fix it. This may have been done accidentally by the dealer when the nav system was installed.

Later issues: Clutch seals started leaking causing the trans to slip. This started happening a little before 40k miles. Replaced by Jack's Transmissions.

Speed sensors are sending bad signals causing the ABS and TCS to turn off regularly. This also started to happen a little before 40K miles. I want to try cleaning the grime off of them as they get pretty gunked up and see if that corrects the issue. If not, they are bad and need to be replaced. This may have been caused by me when I drove through a flooded area.

At around 42k miles the shift linkage cable got out of alignment somehow which caused a variety of scary trans related issues like skipping gears and not wanting to get into gear. disconnected the cable, re-aligned it and locked it back in place fixed this issue.

Hows the car running so far after the tranny rebuild?
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 12-06-2013, 10:27 AM

Send a message via AIM to Mkid Send a message via MSN to Mkid Send a message via Yahoo to Mkid

Doing fine. Only issue I have now is that whenever I shift into neutral, the gear service light comes on. It was doing that even before I had the seals replaced though so it must be something else.

Cleaning off the speed sensors didn't fix the issue I was having either. I'm going to replace my tires to see if maybe they wore unevenly. If that still doesn't fix it... I probably need new sensors.
D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X FMIC
Ultimate Racing turbo-back
400HP clutches from Jack's
AEM Intake

My Car Thread

From Florida? Click here!
Old 12-06-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkid View Post
Doing fine. Only issue I have now is that whenever I shift into neutral, the gear service light comes on. It was doing that even before I had the seals replaced though so it must be something else.

Cleaning off the speed sensors didn't fix the issue I was having either. I'm going to replace my tires to see if maybe they wore unevenly. If that still doesn't fix it... I probably need new sensors.
Hopefully the issue gets resolved.

Tuned by TJ
Old 12-15-2013, 05:57 PM

Year: 2011
Model: Ralliart
Miles: 64000
Any Issues: Not at all! Flushed tranny at 35k and will again at 70k
GST v31.003 Tune
AMS Boostpill
K&N Drop-In
Injen UICP
Depo Racing 2.5in UICP Elbow
Evo X OEM FMIC
Custom 2.5" Muffler Delete
EBC Redstuff Pads
Old 12-17-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekyes View Post
Year: 2011
Model: Ralliart
Miles: 64000
Any Issues: Not at all! Flushed tranny at 35k and will again at 70k
Year: 2010
Miles: 55,000
Any Issues? ACD Pump went out at 45,000. Sent to ACD Tuning for rebuild & clock spring in steering wheel went bad causing the button the the wheel to screw up. Was replaced by Mitsubishi

D2 Racing USA
R1Concepts
Avant Garde Wheels

Avant Garde F142 Wheels 18x10.5 D2 Racing Air Suspension R1Concepts Drilled/Slotted Rotors Kit Unnwerke Fender Flares Rexpeed Carbon Fiber JDP Carbon Fiber Lip CBRD Rad Lite Turbo AMS Single Exhaust, Intercooler, & UICP Boostin Performance High Flow Cat Ultimate Racing Intake, Down Pipe & LICP
Old 12-26-2013, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser1991 View Post
Hey guys!

Year - 2009
Model - Ralliart Sedan
Miles - 79,575
Problems -seized pulleys at 69k
Location - Northeast Ohio
What pulleys did you go with?

Tuned by TJ
Old 12-30-2013, 10:55 AM

Year: 2010
Miles: 72k
Any Issues?:
The chain was replaced around 65k. I took it back to the dealership because it was slipping out of 1st gear (from around 1-3k rpm after that its cool). They changed the clutch but still having issues with the tranny.