ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 01-14-2012, 12:57 PM

Default Considering 09 Ralliart - Transmission Question

What's up everyone? I am looking at an 09 Ralliart at the moment, actually 2. Both dealers called me back and reported the vehicle had 'transmission problems'

One of the dealers offered me what i consider to be a reasonable price despite the problem (hard shifts into 3rd gear) and I was wondering if you guys out there that drive the Ralliart could answer a couple questions or point me in the direction of some answers:

Are there known issues with the transmission of a stock 2009 Ralliart?

If I purchase the vehicle at a price where I can afford the repair, will the repair hold up, or should I be expecting a lifetime of trouble with the vehicle?

Thanks everyone

Last edited by wagruppe; 01-14-2012 at 12:59 PM. Reason: forgot some info
Old 01-14-2012, 02:17 PM

Tranny is UNREPAIRABLE...it's replacement of whole unit ($10000+ job)...that been said...it's best u talk to the dealer about warranty on tranny or get one that don't have tranny problem or get a new one altoghther...

Phase 1
[X] Cosworth Drop-In
[X] UR Full Catback Exhaust
[X] UR Upper ICP
[X] UR Lower ICP
[X] Evo X FMIC
[X] Evo X BOV

Phase 2 - Breaks
Old 01-14-2012, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagruppe View Post
What's up everyone? I am looking at an 09 Ralliart at the moment, actually 2. Both dealers called me back and reported the vehicle had 'transmission problems'

One of the dealers offered me what i consider to be a reasonable price despite the problem (hard shifts into 3rd gear) and I was wondering if you guys out there that drive the Ralliart could answer a couple questions or point me in the direction of some answers:

Are there known issues with the transmission of a stock 2009 Ralliart?

If I purchase the vehicle at a price where I can afford the repair, will the repair hold up, or should I be expecting a lifetime of trouble with the vehicle?

Thanks everyone
Post what the mileage is and what the "reasonable" price is, and we'll determine if it's actually "reasonable". As stated, the transmission is not repairable and has to be replaced, however if it turns out to be clutch pack issues you might be able to find a shop that works on DCT's and they might be able to replace them. Otherwise, no-go for common repairs.

If the car is having transmission problems, the dealership should do the right thing and replace it. If not, you'll not only be paying for the vehicle, but also adding $10k to the cost for a new transmission down the road.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:10 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to wwralliart77

Being that the 09 model was the first RA issued it's not uncommon to hear that there are some mechanical issues related with the vehicle. I personally would not purchase a vehicle that has transmission related problems, and that being said might need a repair/replacement. It doesn't matter what kind of deal they are trying to give you, if you end up dropping a lot of cash into repairs the price difference is not worth it. The dealer is basically giving you a car that they now needs work and instead of fixing it themselves they are leaving you to do it on your own. If a RA is what you have in mind, I say look into a later year like 2010 or 2011 since some of the glitches would have been worked out.
Best regards!
Old 01-18-2012, 12:34 PM

+1 For all comments made thus far.

I have an '09, and knock-on-wood my tranny issues have been confined to the occasional jerky transition from a dead stop. This wasn't pronounced during my test drives. A fluid and filter change improved things, but it's still not as smooth as I would prefer.

If you know the car you are looking at has tranny issues, find another one. No discount will offset the price for a new transmission.

Tags
2009 ralliart, transmission, transmission problem