ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 09-06-2012, 09:10 AM

Question Air filter/Cat back exhaust

Hello everyone! I have a 2012 ralliart and I want to modify it slightly, I talked to my dealer and basically all I can do for upgrades without voiding the Warrenty is a drop in air filter and car back exhaust. anyways I am looking at putting a cosworth drop in filter and I am still trying to figure out which exhaust is the best. One main question I have is if I do the air filter and a Bola Cat back exhaust do I need to do anything to the ecu?

Also does the 2012 ralliart use the same exhaust as the 2011? I want the car to have a nice low rumble to it and I like the sound of the Bola but any other options would be great so I can get a better feel for what's out there. I am not trying to be a cop magnet but I want it to sound nice!
Old 09-06-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cetme View Post
One main question I have is if I do the air filter and a Bola Cat back exhaust do I need to do anything to the ecu?
you shouldnt have to
Old 09-06-2012, 09:38 AM

Ok thanks! I just noticed my stupid autocorrect on my phone changes Borla to Bola oh technology how you upset me at times...

Anyway anyone know of good sites/vendors to look at exhaust systems?

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-06-2012, 10:30 AM

Map performance on EvoM got the best prices, AMS single (very very loud) is on sale for 650 shipped that'll be over at AMS website.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:29 AM

Where are you located?

If you are in Southern California, Road Race Engineering custom fabs exhaust for our cars anyway you like it.

Dual exit, single exit, tip, no tip, stealth (blacked out), bling bling, sideways muffler, modded stock muffler (for uber stealth!)

I have a stealth dual exit and i've never had a problem with the po-lice! *knocks on wood*

zeRep
Old 09-06-2012, 11:33 AM

I'm in Wisconsin so it'd be a bit of a hike for me haha . Thanks though, I appreciate all input!
Old 09-15-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
I'm in Wisconsin so it'd be a bit of a hike for me haha . Thanks though, I appreciate all input!
I have an Ultimate Racing catback up for sale in the marketplace. PM me if you are interested and we can workout a deal.

Take a look at some videos on youtube for the sound. The one I'm selling has the Mini-muffler option on the midpipe so it isn't stupid loud. It is the perfect volume in my opinion and I know a bunch of people are very happy with theirs.

Plus, buying used (mine is in great shape, midpipe only has 3k miles on it) will save you a few hundred dollars (the Ultimate racing catback with mini muffler is 850 new).
Old 09-24-2012, 09:15 AM

Lancershop.com is selling the AMS cheaper at $620 but I know AMS no longer makes this exhaust so I dont know if you can find it anywhere. I have the AMS single and it really is not that loud. Parts made for 2009+ will fit 2012.

D2 Racing USA
R1Concepts
Avant Garde Wheels

Avant Garde F142 Wheels 18x10.5 D2 Racing Air Suspension R1Concepts Drilled/Slotted Rotors Kit Unnwerke Fender Flares Rexpeed Carbon Fiber JDP Carbon Fiber Lip CBRD Rad Lite Turbo AMS Single Exhaust, Intercooler, & UICP Boostin Performance High Flow Cat Ultimate Racing Intake, Down Pipe & LICP
Old 09-24-2012, 12:08 PM
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Mike owns the ralliart, I assume if you wanted a custom pipe setup, he could just fab one up to his car and ship it you..

I've thought of going axel back for a little weight loss and to get a little sound.. Our mid pipes won't see much improvement anyways..

Tags
exhaust