ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 03-10-2015, 01:02 PM

Smile Do I need a tune on these mods?

I have a 2009 Ralliart. I'm looking to upgrade my intercooler and piping soon along with my plastic BoV. I was probably goin to go with ETS. I was curious if I NEEDED a tune with these mods and also the exact type of BoV recommended for ralliarts on a stock tune. Also wondering if a catback exhaust system would require me to get a tune as well. I've been looking for the evoX parts I'm just having trouble finding them. I'm just trying to get all my little mods before I get the big ones installed and then tune it once to save money. Any help or links is greatly appreciated. This is my first post ever on any forum so I'm hoping for some good feedback! Thanks in advance!
Cameron
Old 03-10-2015, 06:00 PM

For the most part no, not needed unless you change the intake and that is not really a good idea on our cars unless you are upgrading to a bigger turbo.
Of course either a GST tune specific to your mods or a custom tune will always make more power once you add better Bolton parts.

But most people upgrade to a high flow after market panel filter to start with then usually do pipes and IC followed by a exhaust upgrades.
Upgrading the BOV to something that will hold more boost than our plastic piece is a necessary evil if you are going to install a tune and raise boost past stock levels and you would also need to install an after market boost pill at this point as well.

So to answer your question No you DON'T Need a tune with the mods your planning.
Would it increase performance with the mods you are planning. Hell Yes!

I hope this helps!
Old 03-11-2015, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
For the most part no, not needed unless you change the intake and that is not really a good idea on our cars unless you are upgrading to a bigger turbo.
Of course either a GST tune specific to your mods or a custom tune will always make more power once you add better Bolton parts.

But most people upgrade to a high flow after market panel filter to start with then usually do pipes and IC followed by a exhaust upgrades.
Upgrading the BOV to something that will hold more boost than our plastic piece is a necessary evil if you are going to install a tune and raise boost past stock levels and you would also need to install an after market boost pill at this point as well.

So to answer your question No you DON'T Need a tune with the mods your planning.
Would it increase performance with the mods you are planning. Hell Yes!

I hope this helps!
Very helpful great info! Thank you that's the exact path I was going for!
Old 03-11-2015, 12:27 PM

FYI, once you do the ic/piping/bov/catback, all you need to add is a 3-port boost controller and a custom tune, and you will be pushing 260whp/300wtq.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornkid42 View Post
FYI, once you do the ic/piping/bov/catback, all you need to add is a 3-port boost controller and a custom tune, and you will be pushing 260whp/300wtq.
+1 to this. It depends on the dyno, but those figures are in the ball park.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:39 AM

Thought I'd ask here instead of a whole new thread...

So far, I've only added a boost pill and the appropriate GST Basemap reflash to my ECU.

Love it.

My next planned steps go in this order:

1. ETS Intercooler/UICP and a stock Evo LICP

2. BOV (undetermined on which)

3. TBE - New Tune

4. New Gauges

I should be able to do steps 1 & 2 without getting a new tune since I'm not changing anything that should impact the current tune, correct? It's just bolstering weaknesses in the stock Ralliart.

I can order the ETS FMIC with a larger lower pipe diameter (2.5"), which should match up with the stock Evo LICP, correct? What other items would I need to complete that upgrade?

http://www.mitsubishipartswarehouse....iagram=6267070
Old 05-20-2015, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo4papa View Post
Thought I'd ask here instead of a whole new thread...

So far, I've only added a boost pill and the appropriate GST Basemap reflash to my ECU.

Love it.

My next planned steps go in this order:

1. ETS Intercooler/UICP and a stock Evo LICP

2. BOV (undetermined on which)

3. TBE - New Tune

4. New Gauges

I should be able to do steps 1 & 2 without getting a new tune since I'm not changing anything that should impact the current tune, correct? It's just bolstering weaknesses in the stock Ralliart.

I can order the ETS FMIC with a larger lower pipe diameter (2.5"), which should match up with the stock Evo LICP, correct? What other items would I need to complete that upgrade?

http://www.mitsubishipartswarehouse....iagram=6267070
You can still do all of the above with the appropriate GST basemap reflash. You don't have to tune. Of course you could benefit from it, but tons of people run the TBE pill tune
Old 05-20-2015, 12:58 PM

You know, I completely forgot there was a tune there including the TBE.

Any thoughts on a quality BOV and the LICP question?
Old 05-20-2015, 01:16 PM

Ditch the pill and go with 3 port EBCS. And yes for matching up the ETS fmic will fit x licp. Just have to man handle a shit out of that x licp when you ready to install it. And evo oem bov works great on basic bolts on. Turbosmart is pretty good too.
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ

Last edited by iralli_iskustvo; 05-20-2015 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:28 PM

Thanks. I grabbed the boost pill because I got a nice deal on the Tactrix cable from the manufacturer, and the pill is cheap (and supported by the GST Basemaps). I might swap over to a 3 Port EBCS later if it provides enough of an advantage, but to keep costs (parts and tuning) down for now, I'll stick with the pill.

Tags
bov, intercooler, licp, tune, uicp