ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart General
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2011, 12:26 AM

Default What will void our warranty

OK this might sound like a dumb question but im sure im not the only one wondering it. What will and what wont void our warranty's?
Old 03-24-2011, 02:06 AM

Send a message via AIM to blkside Send a message via Yahoo to blkside

it being a mitsu.. lol

The company cannot "blanket" void a warranty and they must prove whatever mod you have cause the failure.

I have a rule of thumb... if you are modding your car and worrying about a warranty you shouldnt mod it. Cause if you want to play, you better be willing to pay...

Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act
Old 03-24-2011, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkside View Post
it being a mitsu.. lol

I have a rule of thumb... if you are modding your car and worrying about a warranty you shouldnt mod it. Cause if you want to play, you better be willing to pay...

That's the way I look at it, too!
Old 03-24-2011, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkside View Post
it being a mitsu.. lol

The company cannot "blanket" void a warranty and they must prove whatever mod you have cause the failure.

+1. I've had dealerships in the past try to avoid servicing my vehicle because it was modified and those mods had nothing to do with the problem.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:05 AM

the dealership tried to tell me that my transmission failure was due to my K&N drop in air filter. They tried to use this to deny replacing the transmission under warranty. However I was persistant and after about two weeks of bringing the car to them almost daily, they gave in and did the work under warranty. They will try to use any excuse they can find to void a warranty, you just have to be persistant and let them know that you're backing down unless they can prove that a specific mod caused the problem.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:09 AM

Well the easiest thing to do is take a copy of the MM Act that I posted with you (the legal copy) and a lawyers phone number. Stuff like that above is while I will buy mitsu but have no faith in their customer service.. Well all except the ones owned by Abbas (South Coast,HB,LB,Victorville) those are the only worth while mitsu setup known to man that I go to...
Old 03-24-2011, 09:32 AM

When i bought my car, my sales manager asked me if i had any plans for modding. I said idk maybe exhaust, new IC piping. He said bolt on stuff is fine, just don't do anything to the ECU or it will void the entire warranty. With the bolt on stuff, he said you will only void the warranty of the part you replace. So if i replaced my IC and a huge rock goes thru the grill and puts a hole in the IC, i can't go back and say hey you guys owe me a new IC.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

-If the dealer doesnt like you.
-If you look at it wrong.
-If you drive it.

Past the warranty miles.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:56 AM

Im not sure what you are asking RalliArtist.. Are you saying you upgrade your IC to an RRE or AMS one and a rock goes through the grille would they cover it? No they wont cover your stock one either. The scenario you gave is for an insurance claim.

If you change your exhaust to an aftermarket and then your coil pack fails. They HAVE to warranty it because the 2 components are related. Now if you upgrade to aftermarket COPs and they fail and your motor goes BOOM then they can laugh you right off their property..
Old 03-24-2011, 10:20 AM

If your dealerships are anything like the ones around me, sneezing in your car voids your warranty...