ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Show and Shine
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2011, 07:42 PM

Default 9.5's on Ralliart

Alright so, the last 6 months or so of my life has been dedicated to research on 9.5 inch rims on ralliarts. Its been difficult trying to figure out which would fit, which wouldnt, and all the different measurements. On top of all this, all the shops around town were constantly ridiculing me and telling me that i was retarded if i thought they would fit. I had nothing of this because i knew of more than 3 people online that had this kind of setup.

anyways, its understandable why people think they dont fit..... quite simply, they are wide as fuck.

Here are the rims i decided to go with, they are xxr 522 18x9.5 38 offset.

To make the rim fit, in my case, wasn't as much making the outside fit, it was making the inside fit, especially since i was working with a 38 offset. the run these in the back, a 3mm spacer was needed to clear the control arm. if you dont use a 3mm spacer, the rim is .5mm away from the control arm and the rubber will most definitely hit it when the tire flexes over bumps. Below shown in pink is the space between the rim and the control arm with the spacer, its 3mm. (the wheel is angled like that because its up on the lift and the area where the pink is looks like more than 3mm but the spot where the wheel crosses the arm is a little further back in, it was hard to show it precisely)

in the front, i put the rim on without the rubber to see how much clearance i had between the shock and the rim, and it turned out that it was CLOSE haha. with the 38 offset rims, i would say there was 3mm of clearance between the rim and the shock. you can see it where the pink is in the pic below:

To run this setup i used 235/40/18 falken fk452's. i needed the stretch to gain that extra bit of clearance. this tire size is perfect by the way to anyone looking to run 9.5's.

As for clearance on the outside, the fronts stick out a bit, but they do clear without rub, this is without a spacer as im only running spacers in the rear. I read online on evil03's ralliart wheel fitment guide on evoM (if you dont know what im talking about just google "ralliart wheel fitment" and it should be the first link) that the rears would need a pull to make them fit, so i indeed rented a roller, and pulled the shit out of my rears, i got a good 10-15mm in clearance with the pull to find that it wasnt even necessary in the first place haha. With the 38 offset and a 3mm spacer, the rim would have cleared my rear fender without the pull. I pulled them beforehand because i didnt want to drive home with them rubbing like crazy if they did stick out a lot. NOTE: i am on sportline springs and got a good amount of camber in the rear from the drop which gave me more clearance. with stock suspension i would say that the setup is still easily attainable, but the pull would be necessary to be safe just like evil03's guide says.

now im thinking of putting a 10mm or maybe 15mm if i can afford it, spacer in the back to get more flush as the rim and tire are still considerably inset in the fender.

Smoked Lights, Vortex Generator, Red Mitsu Logos, XXR 522 18x9.5 et38, Falken fk452 235/40/18, Rally Armor Mudflaps, UR Cat Back, UR High Flow Cat, UR Downpipe, Ur UICP, AMS Intercooler, Defi Racer Boost Gauge, Defi Racer Oil Temperature Gauge, Eibach Sportlines, Rexpeed CF Hood Dampers, Rexpeed A-Pillar Gauge Pod, Rexpeed CF Duckbill Lip Spoiler

Last edited by Ralliart23; 05-23-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:42 PM

here are some pics:

Smoked Lights, Vortex Generator, Red Mitsu Logos, XXR 522 18x9.5 et38, Falken fk452 235/40/18, Rally Armor Mudflaps, UR Cat Back, UR High Flow Cat, UR Downpipe, Ur UICP, AMS Intercooler, Defi Racer Boost Gauge, Defi Racer Oil Temperature Gauge, Eibach Sportlines, Rexpeed CF Hood Dampers, Rexpeed A-Pillar Gauge Pod, Rexpeed CF Duckbill Lip Spoiler
Old 05-19-2011, 07:44 PM

and more:

SPECIAL THANKS:

thanks to mike@RRE and EVIL03 for answering my tedious questions about 9.5 fitment. i had a lot of questions and i appreciate their help, they are great guys.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:50 PM

Damn...that is some Dark Knight hit...lol..u sure u ain't batman?

But the car look sick though...G/J...

Btw...u live some richy-rich hood...lol...I should move to canada...

Phase 1
[X] Cosworth Drop-In
[X] UR Full Catback Exhaust
[X] UR Upper ICP
[X] UR Lower ICP
[X] Evo X FMIC
[X] Evo X BOV

Phase 2 - Breaks
Old 05-19-2011, 10:33 PM

Looks good!
Old 05-20-2011, 05:35 AM

thanks guys!

Old 05-20-2011, 06:04 AM

Nice setup! Looks BEAST!!!
Old 05-20-2011, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

That is awesome! Glad to see with little modification you can make the 9.5 wheels work.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoZero View Post
That is awesome! Glad to see with little modification you can make the 9.5 wheels work.
yeah as long as you have any rim below a 38 offset, so 38 and down, you are good on the inside without spacers. then it just depends if your lowered/which tires/fender pull if its a really low offset, to make them work

Old 05-21-2011, 01:52 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to wwralliart77

I've also been considering XXR wheels to complete my setup, but I've been a lil iffy on the idea of running a wider wheel such as a 9.5 or 10 since it seems like it's a lot of trial and error to make things work correctly. After seeing your post I became more confident about trying to achieve a setup similar to yours. I'm currently on D2 RS series coilovers so I guess it'll be a lil easier for me since I can adjust height/camber accordingly. So what you had mentioned earlier was that a lower offset wheel would have worked out better for your particular setup. That's a bummer since I noticed that XXR also offers this wheel in a +25 offset.