ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Show and Shine
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2011, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwxspawnxwx View Post
Thanks! I think anything is better than my old 05 eclipse in the snow
Funny you say that... when we had the "blizzard" back in early 2010, I drove home that weekend with a few inches of compacted snow on the road. I had a 2002 Eclipse GT, lowered with all season performance Yoko's, no traction control or ABS. I took my time and made it all 45 miles without issue. Pissed off every 4WD vehicle behind me but that's ok, lol.

However, there were indeed times where it was just too front-end heavy and the rear would slide like a mofo if you weren't careful in the snow.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoZero View Post
Funny you say that... when we had the "blizzard" back in early 2010, I drove home that weekend with a few inches of compacted snow on the road. I had a 2002 Eclipse GT, lowered with all season performance Yoko's, no traction control or ABS. I took my time and made it all 45 miles without issue. Pissed off every 4WD vehicle behind me but that's ok, lol.

However, there were indeed times where it was just too front-end heavy and the rear would slide like a mofo if you weren't careful in the snow.
I know what you mean. That blizzard was nasty last year. Don't get me wrong my eclipse got me through a lot, its just will be nicer with something that can handle these winter time in ohio a bit better.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwxspawnxwx View Post
I think I was the same way when I got my Ralliart. I had a sunroof in my eclipse and I just got so use to it. Now after 2 months of owning this car I'm over it too.
Ha! I felt the same way when I got mine. I even got the sales person to knock an extra $1000 off the price of the car because I told him I HAD to have a sunroof and it was going to take something big to get me to commit to a car without one.

All these Eclipse posts are making me sentimental. *sniff* I traded in an '01 GT for my ralliart.

p.s. Did you plastidip the grill ring too? I was thinking of doing that to mine, but I haven't seen it done on a black car and don't know how it'll look. On white/grey cars it looks killer, but on a black car I'm afraid it'll just make it blend in with everything else.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:00 PM

I plasti-diped my Ring/Emblems/Window Rim/Fuel Door and Wheels (Wheels I did Black paint and Clear coat over the plasti Dip).

I seen plasti dip over the ring on a PB Ralliart and it looks sick..... best part about it... you dont like it... you peel it off without any damage
Old 09-12-2011, 10:25 AM

Good point on being able to peel it off. I'm far too lazy to do all that work without knowing if I like it or not though, heh. Good thing there's photoshop. It does look pretty sick all black! (not a big fan of chrome)

Old 09-12-2011, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyberkilla View Post
Good point on being able to peel it off. I'm far too lazy to do all that work without knowing if I like it or not though, heh. Good thing there's photoshop. It does look pretty sick all black! (not a big fan of chrome)

Do that with the window trim on the doors or replace them with the black ones from the Lancer and you'll be set.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:32 PM

Next Project ...

Awaiting for a quote for these

Old 09-14-2011, 10:56 PM

Nice! I'm saving up for some Enkei's too. I wanna pick up the Klamp's in hyper black. Just dropped cash on a roof rack and getting ceramic tint next week though, so the wheels will have to wait a bit, unfortunately.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyberkilla View Post
Nice! I'm saving up for some Enkei's too. I wanna pick up the Klamp's in hyper black. Just dropped cash on a roof rack and getting ceramic tint next week though....
Hey let me know where and how much u get ur tint...I'm researching tint places but I haven't commit yet...

Phase 1
[X] Cosworth Drop-In
[X] UR Full Catback Exhaust
[X] UR Upper ICP
[X] UR Lower ICP
[X] Evo X FMIC
[X] Evo X BOV

Phase 2 - Breaks
Old 09-15-2011, 03:35 PM

I'm getting my tint done here (anaheim):

http://www.xlnttint.com/

It's going to be $650 for Huper Optik CM30% ceramic tint on all windows (including CM60% on the windshield). The Huper Optik film blocks both infrared and UV light. If you want a carbon or metallic tint you can get it for a lot cheaper (wanna say it was around $175ish for carbon w/o the windshield being done). I'm sold on the ceramic though. It is lighter than carbon tints, but I'm more concerned about heat. My black RA gets HOT, so I can use all the help I can get. Give them a call for a quote, my friend just got his new Camaro done in metallic there (with the lightest shade of ceramic on the windshield) and it looks pretty pimp.

Last edited by psyberkilla; 09-15-2011 at 05:16 PM.