ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Troubleshooting, DIY and Inst
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2010, 04:54 PM

270 whp through the stock intake and filter. Intakes are not restricting the stock airbox while still running a stock turbo. Stoopid turbo compressor wheel is tiny tiny compared to the stock intake.

Silver cover on silver car looks nice. I've done blue cover on a blue car. You have a black car... black cover for you!

Mike W
Old 05-13-2010, 12:19 AM

Here is a back to back test of a plastic RalliArt BOV and an EVO 9/10 metal BOV done on a tuned ~340 whp EVO X. The car was all dynoed and tuned, then I took the EVO BOV off and installed the RalliArt plastic BOV.

Red line is the metal BOV, the teal colored line is the plastic BOV:

Here is a back to back test of a plastic RalliArt BOV and an EVO 9/10 metal BOV done on a tuned ~270 whp RalliArt. The car was all dynoed and tuned, then I took the EVO BOV off and installed the RalliArt plastic BOV.

The red and green lines are the metal BOV, the blue and purple lines are the plastic BOV:

Blaze... maybe put this info into the first post?

Mike W
Old 08-20-2011, 06:38 AM

Default Question after Install

Nice how to. I put it to good use:

Before.

After.

Now... question for you all. Blaze, you mentioned if installed backwards, you'd hear a mini-helicopter-like sound from the turbo.

I hear something like a feint, deep flutter in the low RPM range. As you can tell by the picture, I doubt I pulled a backwards install.

I DID, play with the air filter to see how dirty it was (just putting this in there because that's all I did extra).

Is the flutter normal after putting the EVO 9 BOV in?

Thanx in advance, guys.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:01 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

I have the same exact one on my RA and I do not hear any abnormal sounds in any RPM range. Double check your vacuum line and how tight the clamps are, then check to make sure the air box is completely fastened on the bottom, that's a common thing to happen and it creates a weird noise.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:31 AM

Bravo, I appreciate the quick reply. So I went ahead and put a k&n filter in and the deep growl, kind of flutter is louder, along with the awesome turbo woosh after gas pedal release.

Clamps and vac tubes are good. Staring at my air box, I'm pretty sure that is the culprit. Having kind of a hard time getting the bottom aligned right.

With the filter in, toward the bottom end, should the box appear shut, or should it slope open slightly... I'm looking like the latter for my airbox right now.

Are there even clamps at the bottom of our air box? I'm almost 99% sure that the noise is being caused by my stupidy with the air filter.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:22 AM

Thumbs up PANIC over...

Panic over, guys. I resealed the airbox incorrectly... there's two holes on the bottom of the left side of our airbox that you need to align and insert with tabs on the right bottom side...

everything sounds normal

on a lighter note... I want a open element intake now, that turbo woosh was freakin' sexy.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by roversix View Post
Panic over, guys. I resealed the airbox incorrectly... there's two holes on the bottom of the left side of our airbox that you need to align and insert with tabs on the right bottom side...

everything sounds normal

on a lighter note... I want a open element intake now, that turbo woosh was freakin' sexy.
Good deal, I figured that might have been your issue. I had the same thing happen after installing my K&N. That stock airbox is a pain in the ass, lol.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:53 AM

I asked AMS about the metal BPV they sell and the hose that comes with the BPV is a 14" 4mm VAC line... is that too small or is it still ok?
Old 07-23-2012, 08:05 AM

any line should work. hell, you could even use a small fuel line. just needs a tight hose.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:02 AM

found out an interesting way around the stuttering/stalling that happens with the VTA BOV's I installed a Greddy Type RZ BOV on my car and after noticing how bad it studdered I decided to buck up and buy the $19 recirc flange but after thinking about it for a while I went to the local parts store and picked up a little plug (looks like a black rubber cork almost with a bolt and washer setup on it that when tightened down makes the rubber cork expand outward) I removed the hose between the bov and air box and put that plug directly into the airbox...to my suprise it worked and VTA sounds badass on these cars and to date ( about 2 months now) I have had no issues with stalling or stuttering at all...