ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 05-21-2011, 05:06 AM

Default RalliArt broke! now w/ PICS!

so basically what went down. i was at FIR racing everything was going good for 7 races running a consistent 12.90. then on my last race of the night it took off good held strong for about 3/4 of the race then once i hit 80 MPH i just lost power and it bogged down. then it started billowing smoke out of the exhaust. nowhere else and no fluid dropped anywhere just the exhaust. i tried to tap the gas to keep it running but it didnt help. then once it died i tried to see if it would even start again and i got nothing. to help understand just how much smoke i did happen to have my go pro on and here is a video of it. anyone have any clue what it could be? its sitting at PSI right now but i would like some thoughts early just to calm my nerves a little. thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/v/0cnDk-B_h3I

Last edited by RG-RA; 06-14-2011 at 03:34 AM.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Damn dude... that sucks. At least you have a video of it to see exactly how much smoke is billowing out.

My first thought is the turbo went out. But it could be a few different things. Did it even attempt to turn over or when you turned the ignition, nothing at all?

EDIT: I listened to the sound in the video again louder and I can hear the ignition, but it doesn't sound normal at all.

Last edited by BravoZero; 05-21-2011 at 06:22 AM.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:30 AM

yea it tries to start but nothing and i found a hose popped off but to have no idea what it goes to, maybe fuel regulator? dont know.

Last edited by RG-RA; 05-21-2011 at 06:45 AM.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:04 AM

White smoke or blue smoke?

2010 WW Sedan
Custom RRE ABE
Cosworth Drop-in Filter
EvoX FMIC and UICP
ExoX BOV
Old 05-21-2011, 07:35 AM

sucks to hear man i have no clue what this could be. at least you pulled the other guy like a bitch haha

Smoked Lights, Vortex Generator, Red Mitsu Logos, XXR 522 18x9.5 et38, Falken fk452 235/40/18, Rally Armor Mudflaps, UR Cat Back, UR High Flow Cat, UR Downpipe, Ur UICP, AMS Intercooler, Defi Racer Boost Gauge, Defi Racer Oil Temperature Gauge, Eibach Sportlines, Rexpeed CF Hood Dampers, Rexpeed A-Pillar Gauge Pod, Rexpeed CF Duckbill Lip Spoiler
Old 05-21-2011, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

It could be because of these parts..
Forge WGA, H.O.A. 3port boost solenoid, Cobb AP

If wastegate doesnt open or shut like it suppose to.
Overboost?
Incorrect tune?

Which turbo were you running?

See if you can borrow one of those fancy dealership/performance shop scanner to see what code it is giving you.
CEL light? Any warning?

That hose popped off there were because too much pressure in the intake manifold. Why? wastegate failed? turbo failed? too much boost?
Old 05-21-2011, 02:54 PM

If that hose popped off and you stayed in it for any good amount of time the motor went lean and you probably melted or hurt a piston, sorry to say.

That hose is for the FPR which will raise fuel pressure with every psi of boost. If it pops off, the FPR will not rise and the motor will lean out.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan@gst View Post
If that hose popped off and you stayed in it for any good amount of time the motor went lean and you probably melted or hurt a piston, sorry to say.

That hose is for the FPR which will raise fuel pressure with every psi of boost. If it pops off, the FPR will not rise and the motor will lean out.
Yikes!

What would make it pop off?
Old 05-21-2011, 04:27 PM

@Gabos- dark white smoke
@ralliart23- hell yes that what i said to (wife says yea but you still broke the car)
@MTZL-still running the stock turbo, and i got zero lights before and even after it blew checked it again and again and reset the ecu and checked again still nothing. only thing that did happen was when it was shutting down the check oil light came on but that only lasted for about 5 secs and didnt come on again either
@ bryan- i thought if it was off the car wouldnt idle right, or would it continue to idle and run good for a while then just give out? because i put down good 1/8 times but at around 80 (about 3/4 of the track) is when it gave me problems
Old 05-21-2011, 07:31 PM

White smoke, did you check to see if you blew a head gasket etc.. by checking the oil dipstick for coolant kinda like a creamy or foamy stuff? Follow up by doing compression tests on each cylinder. Does the car turn over now? Anyway I am sure who ever you have helping you check the car will go through all the basics. Just thought I would throw in my 2 cents as I have blown up a few motors and transmissions in my 25 plus years of driving LOL !