ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 07-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by caRalliArt View Post
Genius.I looked really hard at all the vacume lines and found the fuel pressure regulators vc line was unplugged.good tip.thanks
Glad you found the problem. How could that have happened?
Old 07-15-2011, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator

Glad to hear its taken care of.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:34 PM

I must of accidently knicked it off.its dierectly under the uicp.I noticed the hose has no clamps.I recommend everyone put some zipties or clamps on it
Old 03-28-2012, 05:09 AM

I know this is an old thread, but does anyone have pics that show the vac lines mentioned? Just this week I had some random idle issues, and I wanted to double-check a line hasn't popped off.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailBrake View Post
I know this is an old thread, but does anyone have pics that show the vac lines mentioned? Just this week I had some random idle issues, and I wanted to double-check a line hasn't popped off.
First, take off your spark plug cover.
(the big plastic piece that says MIVEC Turbo on it and covers your motor)

On the front passenger side of the motor attached to your fuel rail there is a little silver check valve looking thing with a hose coming off it and connecting to the intake manifold.
That's the fuel pressure regulator valve.

And also check your vacuum line on your BPV/BOV.
That line goes to your intake manifold too.

Either of those can cause your issue.
Especially the BPV/BOV vacuum line.

2012 Evo X GSR-
Custom CBE / Custom Test Pipe / AEM Intake / Depo Racing UICP / GM 3-Port / ASNU 1100cc injectors / DW 300lph+ fuel pump / EvoD Surge Tank w/ Bosch 044 fuel pump / Fermented Corn Dextrose / Hotchkis rear sway bar and end links / Self Tuned
Old 03-29-2012, 03:36 PM

Excellent. Thank you kindly. All my lines are secure.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Excellent. Thank you kindly. All my lines are secure.
Good to hear!

If you're still idling weird, I'd check a few other lines too.
Better to be safe than sorry!

2012 Evo X GSR-
Custom CBE / Custom Test Pipe / AEM Intake / Depo Racing UICP / GM 3-Port / ASNU 1100cc injectors / DW 300lph+ fuel pump / EvoD Surge Tank w/ Bosch 044 fuel pump / Fermented Corn Dextrose / Hotchkis rear sway bar and end links / Self Tuned
Old 03-29-2012, 04:01 PM

Great, thanks. I'm going to save these images in the event the site crashes again
Old 04-02-2012, 05:23 AM

I'm going to go out on a limb in this posting, but I have noticed a pattern that seems a little outside the norm. This is only my personal findings, and I was wondering if anyone else had found this.

There are no loose vac lines, no codes, and I have tried two different MAFs. My battery is Optima Red Top with excellent measured output. The results remain the same:

Over time, my car begins to run a little off (rougher/less stable idle, more jerky/less responsive shifting, and overall decreased performance). My solution has been to force ECU adaptation every 8 weeks or so. This is the general timeframe between my car running great and being a little off.

Here is the adaptation mode steps I follow, which are consistent with what I have seen in the factory manual, and also matches adaptation for early 90s Bosch LH & EZK ECUs.

- warm car up to proper operating temperatures
- disconnect battery ground strap
- wait a few mins
- reconnect battery ground strap
- let car idle in park (no accessories on) for 5-10 mins
- go for a spirited drive

If I do this adaptation every 2 months or so, the car is fine. Every time I let it go past about the 2 month mark, the car runs a little 'funny'. To some this might sound like BS, and that's fair enough. All I know is it's a repeatable pattern I have seen since buying the car in Dec 2010, so there must be something to it.

My car is a early '09 Ralliart, which was delivered in January '09. Does this sound like an ECU bug, or is there more to this equation?
Old 04-02-2012, 05:43 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Quote:
I'm going to go out on a limb in this posting, but I have noticed a pattern that seems a little outside the norm. This is only my personal findings, and I was wondering if anyone else had found this.

There are no loose vac lines, no codes, and I have tried two different MAFs. My battery is Optima Red Top with excellent measured output. The results remain the same:

Over time, my car begins to run a little off (rougher/less stable idle, more jerky/less responsive shifting, and overall decreased performance). My solution has been to force ECU adaptation every 8 weeks or so. This is the general timeframe between my car running great and being a little off.

Here is the adaptation mode steps I follow, which are consistent with what I have seen in the factory manual, and also matches adaptation for early 90s Bosch LH & EZK ECUs.

- warm car up to proper operating temperatures
- disconnect battery ground strap
- wait a few mins
- reconnect battery ground strap
- let car idle in park (no accessories on) for 5-10 mins
- go for a spirited drive

If I do this adaptation every 2 months or so, the car is fine. Every time I let it go past about the 2 month mark, the car runs a little 'funny'. To some this might sound like BS, and that's fair enough. All I know is it's a repeatable pattern I have seen since buying the car in Dec 2010, so there must be something to it.

My car is a early '09 Ralliart, which was delivered in January '09. Does this sound like an ECU bug, or is there more to this equation?
Interesting... how many miles do you put on the car during those 8 weeks, on average?

So you're saying during the "ECU relearn" period, everything is fine, but after the initial relearn period is done it starts running rough?