ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 09-21-2013, 09:37 AM

Default ecu tuning, car wont start and everything flashing!

hi folks, I have a 2009 Canadian ralliart. Using ecuflash and tactrix cable I tried to change the tune, done this a half dozen times now with no problems. I updated the tune on the ecu on the car, got a message that it completed successfully. went to try to start the car and nothing. then everything started clicking off and on. the computer display, all the warning lights, the park/revers/drive light on the shifter ect. seems like the computer is actually flickering off and on and wont allow me to upload another tune. anyone have any experiences like this and more importantly how do I fix it? thanks
Old 09-21-2013, 11:04 AM

If you did in fact brick your ECU, download the most appropriate GST Basemap for your car with XML file. Pull the ECU out of the car and follow the instructions in the following thread:

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sho...light=benching

Unfortunately, you will need to make a temporary bench harness. Those pins can be found at your nearest Radio Shack. Good luck.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:05 AM

If you do eventually decide to put LC and S-Sport modes on your RA, you will need a bench harness, anyway. This isn't the end of the world. It took me a couple of hours to make mine. I have used it a dozen times at least already.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:23 AM

I followed the procedure for fixing the "bricked ecu" the car battery is down to 8.6V and when I turn key the computer/dash still flickers off and on. Got a boost from a truck and everything on the dash went normal, tried starting the car and all it did was roll over and not one attempt to start. Im thinking my battery is toast but what else wouldn't make the car try to start? it was working fine before I tried to reflash the computer yesterday.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:26 AM

Meh, replace the battery and see if the problem is indeed fixed.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:41 AM

just baught a new battery, when I turn the key to the "on" position the fans start up and the dash display comes on (not flashing now) but it goes through almost every alarm like they are all triggered. When I connect ecuflash it will not read from the car nor can I change it to a new one. ecu still "bricked"?
thanks for your help and patience so far.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:46 AM

Are you still in "recovery" mode in EcuFlash? If you didn't switch back to normal mode and flash the ROM again after benching it, what you are describing could happen.

If you tried a previous working version of your stock ROM (that you admittedly touched), try benching to a GST Map or vice-versa. If you flashed the ROM onto the ECU after reconnecting it to the battery (not on the bench harness), it is likely that the file transfer got garbled. Any screw-up in the Hex file will cause the ECU to do crazy things.

I would just bench it again. Remember to flash the ROM onto the ECU afterwards while it is still on the harness, if you didn't last time.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:57 AM

car is fixed! I want to thank everyone in helping me do this, especially NFSlancerRA!

the ecu was bricked. When I initially tuned the car, ecu flash said everything was successful and when I went to start the car everything bad as stated above happened. after the first attempt to fix the "bricked ecu" I put the multi meter on the car battery ( I was using this as my 12V supply) it only read 8.6V, read online I think on the ecuflash page that the voltage should not go below 10.5 volts while tuning.

Bought a new battery, hooked everything up to de-brick the ecu again, followed the steps exactly and used the new car battery. once the reflash in recovery was completed I then took off the recovery mode and re-flashed the ecu while still benched with the new 3.0 tune. (ecuflash said it was exact tune already on the ecu and completed everything successfully)

Put everything back into the car, car started first turn of the key!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!
Old 09-23-2013, 08:36 AM

Glad that everything turned out well.