ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Show and Shine
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2012, 03:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to OherrOderr
Default *My RA Journal>>>>>>>>>>>Update: 10/24/12<<<<<<<<<<<<Pg.7

Hey Everyone,

I've always had a car journal for every car I've ever owned. Figured I'd do the same for my RA

Updated: 10/24/12
Latest post:
- Page 1: Intro

- Page 4: Photos
- Page 5: AEM CAI Intake
- Page 6: Buschur Racing Catback Exhaust
- Page 7: Ultimate Racing Upper & Lower Intercooler pipes

Before the Ralliart I was driving this little guy for awhile, a 2005 Nissan 350Z 6MT

- Nismo V2 Front
- Powerhouse Amuse Sideskirts
- Nismo V3 Rear
- Greddy Type Coilovers
- Nismo LM GT4 wheels
- Fujita SRI
- Invidia Catback
- TWM Short Shifter
- Megan adjustable camber arms
- etc.....

In Feb of 2012 it began to be more and more of a hassle to carry my camera equipment around. I really didn't want to get rid of her, but I had no choice. I spent from March - July debating on what car to get. I for sure wasn't getting a FWD car.

The things I had to put into consideration:
"Daily Usage"
- Camera equipment (3-5' stands and tripods)
- Lighting energy sources (i.e. power generators and batteries)
- Lighting strobes
- Lens and camera bags

"External uses"
- Surfing
- Biking
- Snowboarding

I decided rear wheel drive wasn't the best option especially since I liked going up to the mountains. I've always liked Subarus and Mitsubishis, but which one was I going to get...?

For the entire months of June and July I went to multiple Subaru and Mitsubishi dealerships talking, negotiating, test driving, etc... I had a horrific experience at one of the Subaru dealerships which automatically turned me away from that one.

When it came down to price points it came down to this:

(*Note: These price comparisons are between dealerships here in CA with price negotiations)
^ Subaru STI = Mitsubishi Evo X MR
^ Subaru WRX = Mitsubishi Evo X GSR
^ Subaru Impreza = Mitsubishi Ralliart

Considering this was going to be my daily driver, and I was going to stack miles on this guy I didn't need an STI or MR. I could have afforded either the 2012 WRX or 2012' GSR. I test drove both and they were both super fun. I loved the feel and sound and the fact that they were both stick shift. The deciding factor between the two were the motors. Finding out the the WRX wasn't even a "watered" down version of the STI, and that it was basically a completely different car bummed me out. So I decided with the Evo X GSR. I loved the look and feel of the Evo. I thought it looked way more aggressive than the WRX. I test drove and fell in love. I was ready to sign papers until the salesman showed me the trunk and I was speechless... The Evo's trunk was smaller than my Z's trunk. The whole point of me selling/trading my Z was to get something with a bigger trunk. I was ready to leave until the salesman told me that the Ralliart had the same 4B11T motor as the Evo, as well as the same tranny, and awd system and not too mention it had lay-down backseats. I was confused... I had no idea. I went home that night and simmered on it and did more research. A few days later I went back to the dealer and test drove. I fell in love (again) despite it not being a stick shift...

I didn't want to rush into it so I waited another week. Then in August of 2012 I went back and starred at an Octane Blue 2012 RA for about an hour

Here's a cell phone pic I sent my brother asking him what he thought

He said it was badass. He's been wanting an Evo or an RA since this body style came out.

I sat with Sam Smash (most of you guys know him) and I asked him to be honest with me and to give me the pros and cons of the RA.

About an hour later as we were negotiating pricing he says, "DUDE! What else can I do??????"
and I said, "Throw in the side mount plate holder and some window visors and you got a deal"
He stook his hand out and simply says, "deal."

Pic of MY new car a few hours later after we finished signing papers and the guy washing my car

Last edited by OherrOderr; 10-24-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:42 PM

The next day I had to go back because I forgot to provide proof of insurance and stuff. Couldn't help to take a pic with the other RA's and Evo's

Coincidentally, when I drove down to San Diego to visit my family, my dad and brother both got new cars as well :P My dad got a 2011 Accord and my brother got a 2010 Civic

A few weeks later I couldn't deal with the 4x4 status anymore. So I went to my friends at Pann Auto and Cartune down in San Diego to hook it up with a set of Tein S-Techs

Installing:

Afterwards:
Old 10-03-2012, 03:42 PM

A few weeks later I gave in to the trend and plasti dipped my nose ring and took off my lower grill

Old 10-03-2012, 03:43 PM

Mini photo shoot I did with my brother's Civic (unedited)

I drove the car like this for a couple weeks then picked up a set of new-ish NT03+M with super low miles

Old 10-03-2012, 03:43 PM

Then I purchased an Evo X wing from another member that just purchased a brand new 2013 Evo X. Apparently he took it home from the dealer and took off the wing and sold it to me. That same weekend I mounted my wheels and tires, rolled my fenders, and had my wing painted and installed

Old 10-03-2012, 03:44 PM

And thus far this is how the car is sitting. Here are a few pics I took today (10/3/12). I had a photo shoot at a warehouse in Irvine on an article we're doing about a philanthropist that donates wheelchairs to people in need in third world countries (pretty cool). Anyways, after we finished the photo shoot I was waiting for the videographer to pack up his gear so I took some quick snaps of my car while I waited for him.

(Unedited)

Old 10-03-2012, 03:44 PM

That's it so far! I have a lot of plans for this car so I'll keep updating this page. I'll update the top of this page with the current updated date and page #

My "to do" list:
- AMS UICP
- AMS LICP
- AMS FMIC
- Injen CAI
- Custom Catback Exhaust from RRE
- Tune from RRE
- BC Coils
- Sway bars
- Hancook RS3's

Then aesthetic stuff...
- Evo X fender arches
- Vortex generator
- JDP front lip

That's what I have so far
Old 10-03-2012, 03:57 PM

That second to last pic is damn sexy. I love what you're doing with it...super clean, the way it should be. You def should debadge the trunk tho
Old 10-03-2012, 04:13 PM

Awesome pics man!

Those NT03+M look clean
Old 10-03-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliArtist View Post
That second to last pic is damn sexy. I love what you're doing with it...super clean, the way it should be. You def should debadge the trunk tho
Thanks man

Yeahhhh, I've been thinking about it

Everyone keeps telling me to do it, but we'll see

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeRep85 View Post
Awesome pics man!

Those NT03+M look clean
Thanks! Yeah, I really liked the NT03+M's

When I saw the sciences and research behind the wheels I was really interested in them. I wish I could have gotten a wider set though with some concave. But these are nice