ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Drivetrain
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2013, 06:37 PM

Results are in... I haven't had time to research what each value means or to find out which one is better. So, I will leave that up to you guys to figure this one out.

FFL-2 and dsg look identical diaqueen however has more phosphorous. Find out what phosphorous does to our trannys would be a good start.

I asked them which oil is best out of the three. they said they would use diaqueen. (oh no for all others that dont use it.) Now that we have results we need research!

Last edited by crak; 08-20-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:54 PM

Thank you very much for your time and money spent on this! I look forward to seeing what else comes of it.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crak View Post
Results are in... I haven't had time to research what each value means or to find out which one is better. So, I will leave that up to you guys to figure this one out.

FFL-2 and dsg look identical diaqueen however has more phosphorous. Find out what phosphorous does to our trannys would be a good start.

I asked them which oil is best out of the three. they said they would use diaqueen. (oh no for all others that dont use it.) Now that we have results we need research!

Thanks for you time and contribution Crak. I hope these results will conclude all the talk about which fluids are better for the SST.
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 08-20-2013, 08:07 PM

More phosphorous means a positive thing for our tranny right?
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 08-20-2013, 08:56 PM

Im sure someone red all this before, but for people who didnt..here you go -

http://forums.evolutionm.net/mitsubi...sst-fluid.html

Tuned by TJ
Old 08-21-2013, 07:14 AM

You will find that Phosphorus concentrations increase with Sulfur content (or at least they should). These two elements combined increase the thermo-stability of the fluid, which is meant to decrease wear on the internal workings of the transmission.

Notice that Bryan references FFL-3 and FFL-4 in his post. Funny that I have PMs on EvoM with him from a month before explaining the fluid differences to him and what they were used for. Food for thought.

Last edited by NFSLancerRA; 08-21-2013 at 07:20 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:00 PM

Now we have the straight goods. Crak, your efforts are greatly appreciated.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:42 PM

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/engine-oil-analysis/

good read to understand the oil analysis

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums...2692247&page=1

good read on SST fluids.

FFL-2
FZG A/8.3/90 = 12
FZG A/16.6/90 = 12
FZG A/16.6/120 = 9
FZG A/10/16.6R/120 = 6

FFL-4
FZG A/8.3/90 = 12
FZG A/16.6/90 = 12
FZG A/16.6/120 = 12
FZG A/10/16.6R/120 = 7/8

FFL-2 Plus Plus
FZG A/8.3/90 = 12
FZG A/16.6/90 = 12
FZG A/16.6/120 = 12
FZG A/10/16.6R/120 = 9/10

From what I have found, the first two tests are operated at a temperature of 90C, the second two at 120C. The last test should be listed as "FZG A10/16.6R/120" without the slash after the 'A'.

I also found this:

Scuffing load stage FZG test: input scuffing load stage as specified in the FZG test.
1= weakest level; 12=best level
Good gear lubricants all have scuffing load level 12.

So, where can i find FFL-2 Plus plus?

Last edited by crak; 08-22-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:30 AM

Called up blackstone to get a better idea of whats going on. In conclusion they said that right now, we cant tell what is a good oil even off if something has more additives. The guy I spoke with said he has seen oils with low additives work better on transmissions and engines better then some oils with more additives.

So, two conclusions were made:

1) The results we have tell us nothing. so therefore,
2) We need to collect USED SST oil in order to compare the trace metals and determine which oil type has the least amount of ware on the SST. (This is what the guy and I determined is the best way to figure out the best oil for our cars).

I might be able to get some Diaqueen used from the dealership. For FFL-2 and DSG I will need to wait on anyone that is doing a transmission flush soon to collect these samples.

If anyone is doing a transmission flush and would like to contribute to this by shipping me some used oil, please PM me.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:51 AM

OK, here is my story and take on this for what little it is worth...........

2009 Ralliart I bought the car used with 36,000 on her, odd thing is its a 2009 but the SST only has the 2 drain plugs.

At 40,000 miles I serviced the SST with a new filter and moved to FFL-2 fluid, at 58,000 changed the filter and moved to FFL-3.

Now at 70,000 miles and about to change the filter and move BACK to SSTF Diaqueen fluid. I will post my feelings after a few weeks of driving to saturate the clutch materials with the OE fluids.

Chris

Beeble tuned, Magnaflow and turboxs, turbo back exhaust, k&n SRI, Forge BOV,Tinted lights, Depo intercooler and pipes, RRM spring and KYB struts, Whiteline diff mounts.