ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Tuning and Tech
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2014, 06:07 PM

Default mr and ralliart tune

Say I swap my turbo with an EVO turbo. Why couldn't I just use an EVO x Mr tune from Cobb?
Old 04-14-2014, 08:37 PM

No one is saying you can't. It just that it's like turning down free pizza to eat a week old stale bun for 5 bucks out of your pocket. It makes no sense. Cobb has made a great name for its self in the Subaru and Mazda world because they are always coming out with new stuff and updates for these 2 other car communities. For Mitsubishi not so much.

Yes they do have Ralliart and Evo tunes. But It's like hiring a contractor who specializes in kitchens and baths to build your dream garage. You have to spend approx. 450+ dollars to buy the Cobb Ap tuning thingy. learn it then be restricted by a few safe base line tunes set up in a standard stage 1, stage 2 config etc... Bottom line you won't be happy with your car or yourself and will end up selling the Cobb thingy and maybe even your car because its no longer as fun as you thought it should be.

Here you have access to the free GST Tune with the only thing to pay for is a cable and I think a small user fee on one of the software and 15 bucks for a boost pill and it gives you the ability to make more power no matter what mods you have done even if you are stock. You can tweak all your tables change your own fuel maps and really learn a lot more about your car and how you drive it. Do this and you will love it.

Or

Get a great custom tune from a shop who knows our cars if you don't want to try tuning your car yourself. The car will be a different beast and you will be hooked.
Again outcome = You will love it!

There are so many options you just have to look, use the search feature here and on other Evo and Ralliart sites, forums and resources.

Just getting tired of people beating a dead horse. I do however realize that there is going to be another new guy showing up every week asking the same damn questions for the next ten years! LOL!, simply because they don't know any better. What you guys need to do is take some extra time to figure out what you want to know and do a search using some basic key words.

I hear that Google thing works great too!
Old 04-15-2014, 06:07 AM

That's not what I'm saying man.... I love my access port I have more power than I ever have out of it. Now what I'm saying is if I do a turbo swap can I use cobbs tunes for the EVO Mr
Old 04-15-2014, 06:34 AM

Jackal, you need to start giving some more of us credit that we know a lot about the Ralliart platform too. You have a heavy modified car and expereince, and when you give advice, it tends to come across in a negative and arrogant tone lately... just sayin

Why even bring up the GST basemaps in a thread asking about maps for an EVO X swap?

Rallianderson, good question, this has come up before. I believe there are a few key things the tune would not account for with the SST/ECU mating, like the MR having a higher rev limiter (ECU would be adjusted in the tune, but not the TCU), the intakes would be different, even with an aftermarket 3" CAI, and other basic variances between the cars that needs to be accounted for)
Old 04-15-2014, 11:46 AM
Regional Moderator

If you're doing any kind of custom build. You should really think custom tune.. As places like Cobb cant test many variations and setups. They make general tunes, good for the avg consumer. That's why I haven't gone as turbo crazy as I was hoping, each new turbo/fuel(e85 etc) setup will require a new tune.. So, I'm just laying low, for now.

minimal partial rolls $60(no tab grinding)

So cal fender roller rental $10 per day(3 day min) with $200 cash deposit. Includes Eastwood fender roller, heat gun and heavyweight carry bag.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:39 PM

Thanks everyone i was thinking about unlocking the transmission do you think I could do it then?
Old 05-01-2014, 10:12 AM

It doesn't have anything to do with unlocking the transmission, it's the fact that the maps you would be loading would do X and you need Y.

Although that does play an interesting concept. Logic suggests if you have the EXACT same setup as an X MR in the engine bay, you could use the COBB MR tunes, and mapping the TCU with the MR map would account for the transmission differences.

You would need the EXACT same setup as an X MR though.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:29 AM

So what would that be because I plan to get an x turbo I'm not sure other difference there is I have ultimate racing uicp an ams innercooler full custom turbo back with a ultimate racing down pipe cobb 3 port ebc and all ready have the access port
Old 05-05-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallianderson View Post
So what would that be because I plan to get an x turbo I'm not sure other difference there is I have ultimate racing uicp an ams innercooler full custom turbo back with a ultimate racing down pipe cobb 3 port ebc and all ready have the access port
... none of that is on an EVO X MR ...

If you are truly thinking about doing an EVO X swap, the realistic route to go is to get a professional custom tune...

when I said EXACT as an MR, I meant recreating a stock EVO X MR engine bay... just get a custom tune dude...