ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Show and Shine
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2010, 07:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to EricJ@AMS
Default Begining of the Transformation....

Summer is here and it's time to get things going with the Ralliart. I am preparing everything for the AMS Track day on July 10th.

Today I started out with the installation of the AMS Ralliart braided brake line kit and Motul RBF 600 fluid. Installation is pretty easy as there is nothing tricky about the Ralliarts brake lines. Tools needed are 21mm wheel socket, 10mm line wrench, 14 mm wrench, 8mm wrench, and a pair of vice grips or pliers for the brake hose end clips.

Here are some pics of the new lines installed. Don't you love what salty northern winters do to our cars?

Here is what the old lines look like.

I was never a believer in stainless brake lines but I was quite surprised in the improvement in firmness in the initial tap of the brake pedal. You can definitely tell a difference. The Motul can withstand some serious temperatures before boiling. Now I just have to figure out what pads to try first.

I also installed an AMS street durometer front motor mount insert. Installation is very easy and can be done without even taking the undertray off. You can purchase the pre-pressed mounts to avoid having to do this on your own...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j-em65YUqY

Our shop hand Dave Zern came over today and did a nice exterior detail and buff job on the car and I debadged the rear trunk.

My wheels (Bronze Tenzo Tracers in 18x8.5 42 offset) will be here early this week and I'm going to order some 245/40/18s once I figure out what tire I want to run. I am still up in the air about springs or coilovers, but once I make the decision and get it all installed, I will get Rich to take some sweet pics to post up.

If anyone is interested in any AMS upgrades for their Ralliart or joining us July 10th at our track day, visit http://www.amsperformance.com
Old 06-05-2010, 08:06 PM

Good stuff. Definitely subscribing for further info on brake pads. Also, what improvements are gained from the AMS street durometer front motor mount insert?
Old 06-05-2010, 08:21 PM

The main reason for installing it was to see if it would get rid of my drivetrain thump when taking off from a light. I haven't had enough time with it in to see if it has helped or not.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:54 PM

New toys to show the boys!!

The first production AMS cast end tank Ralliart FMIC and black UICP. This thing is super sweet! The fitment is freakin amazing. You don't even have to bend the tab for the ambient air temp sensor out of the way! Not to mention it's pretty incognito, something you Cali guys will for sure love!

Compared to the stock fmic

AMS Fmic mounted.

Clears the temp sensor bracket!

AMS Black UICP
Old 06-10-2010, 07:55 PM

Bumper cover on, very sleeper looking

My wheels arrived! I test fitted a 245/40 18 we had laying around and took a few quick pics.

Tire mounted

Wheel and tire in front of the stock wheel for quick reference

Front Hawk HPS pads came in today and I ordered Eibach Pro-kit springs. I'll keep you guys updated as things progress.
Regards,
Eric Jones
Old 06-18-2010, 04:15 PM

18x8.5 et42 Tenzo R Tracers with 3/16" spacers, stock A10s stretched over them for a few weeks.

Stock Evo VIII springs, lowers the car just shy of an inch. Temporary until the Pro-Kits show up!

Old 06-30-2010, 09:53 PM

AMS Twin tip exhaust with 4" round tips....

Old 07-01-2010, 03:48 PM

Looks good!

I noticed in the first pic that you had the camber bolts. Did you need to use them with the new wheels? How are the brakes with the new pads?

Track day should be fun with all your new toys.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:02 PM

I have not installed the camber bolts yet.

The Hawk HP+ pads, AMS stainless braided line kit, and Motul 600 make the brakes feel vur niice!!
Old 07-08-2010, 11:14 PM

Took a few pics of it all cleaned up today. Sorry for the iPhone quality.